[Firehol-support] linux.plupii worm + Firehol

Hugo Vanwoerkom hvw59601 at care2.com
Mon Nov 14 18:30:27 GMT 2005

Hi,

A worm has been spotted recently that attacks Linux:
http://www.securityfocus.com/brief/38?ref=rss

It uses a vulnerability in, among others, WordPress 1.2, which I use.

In its discussion on the Linux Debian User list I discovered Firehol. So
I started trying to use it.

There are at least 2 ways to protect against this worm:
a. update your software (in my case security updates of Debian Sarge)

b. Use Firehol.

In the latter case, what statements specifically protect against this
worm, even if you did not update your software?

Thanks!

Hugo