[Firehol-devs] HELPME feature testing request...

Costa Tsaousis costa at tsaousis.gr
Fri Mar 14 22:16:45 GMT 2003

Dear all,

I have added a 'helpme' feature to the CVS version of FireHOL that tries
to automatically figure out the FireHOL configuration file on the system
it is run. I believe this feature is a must-have for all newbies that have
really basic knowledge of firewalling, iptables and Linux, but also a very
nice shortcut for experts in order to quickly get something to customize.

Although I have tested this feature in detail on many systems, and I think
it has reached a good quality, I would like a few more opinions before
releasing it.

So, if you would like to contribute, please download the latest CVS
version of firehol (found here:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/firehol/firehol/firehol.sh
- click on the 'download' link of higher available version on the page),
put it on your /tmp and then run:

sh /tmp/firehol.sh helpme >/tmp/firehol.conf

Then in your /tmp you should have a firehol.conf file generated
automatically by FireHOL.

less /tmp/firehol.conf

If you believe that something should be done better, if you know a way of
detecting something better, or just you want to express your thoughts
about this feature, I would be glad to receive something from you.

Thank you for your help.
Kind regards,

Costa