[Firehol-devs] NF_CONNTRACK_SANE

Jeff Kowalczyk jtk at yahoo.com
Mon May 7 00:04:30 BST 2007

I'm planning a Gentoo deployment with installed Firehol. One application
will be networked scanners over SANE. Remote office traffic will most
likely be through OpenVPN, but I'd like to be able to explicitly configure
firehol to allow SANE connections only from certain hosts in LAN
configurations.

linux-2.6.21 adds the netfilter conntrack module/config: NF_CONNTRACK_SANE

What would the suggested method be to use NF_CONNTRACK_SANE with the
forthcoming firehol release?

Is the SANE protocol (said to be 'ftp-like, with separate control & data
connections') easy to define as a user protocol, and is it possible to get
this definition in upstream firehol in the next few months?

Thanks.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/engine?do=post_view_printable;post=64805;list=iptables