[Firehol-devs] Transparent Caching

Costa Tsaousis costa at tsaousis.gr
Fri Jan 4 20:54:00 CET 2008

O/H chris Green ??????:
> Hello all,
> How do I tell firehol not to affect an interface.
>
> I have a bridged interface that I am using ebtables to handoff port 80
> traffic to squid. That is all I want it to do but would still like to
> have firehol manage the other interfaces in the box.
>
> Does that make sense?
>
> A transparent caching bridge is the goal here. I have it working as
> long as I do not turn on firehol. I have read the website concerning
> transparent_squid and proxy but am not sure how they would apply here.
> Is there a way to tell firehol NOT to shutdown an interface not in the
> config?
>
> Chris Green
Hi Chris,

Why don't you write the interface in the config enabling the proxy ports
and the relative routers for having the traffic go between the ports of
the bridge?

Example:

---

interface br0 bridge
policy reject
server squid accept
client all accept

router br2br inface br0 outface br0
policy accept

---

In any case, if firehol is dropping traffic, check your logs and write
the relative statements to enable it.

Costa