[Firehol-devs] Firehol development / maintenace

SanskritFritz sanskritfritz at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 23:31:45 CEST 2011

Well, hello there,

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 10:03 PM, Phil Whineray <pdw at slightly-cracked.com>wrote:

> Hi
>
> On 14 October 2011 15:53, SanskritFritz <sanskritfritz at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi, just want to know, if Firehol maintenace has halted. I submitted a
> bug
> > report with patch, but no activity was shown on the tracker.
>
> I think only serious problems tend to be addressed quickly these days.

It is comforting to know that somebody keeps still an eye on the project,
thanks.

I tried applying your patch mysef, but the whitespace seems to be mangled.

Oops, true. I'll update the bugreport.

I have uploaded an alternative patch which you could try. It's in the
> patches
> section as I can't add to/edit your bug report.

Your patch looks good, it is certainly more elegant than mine. I tested it,
and can confirm it works as expected, although I must admit, I don't have a
kernel version 2.3 ;-)

>  > It would be really a pity if Firehol were discontinued, I love it and
> use it
> > on my home machine.
>
> I think in reality it's just very stable. There are a lot of people
> still using it.

It IS stable and mature, I use it too. I just wanted to know that if
something breaks (just like now with kernel3) then there still is a
maintainer to take care of those issues.

All the best
SanskritFritz