[Firehol-devs] Sanewall update

Phil Whineray phil.whineray at gmail.com
Mon May 7 13:21:40 BST 2012

Hi All

A quick update as it has been a while since I presented any information.

We now have a mailing list created. If you are interested in how things
are going or helping out, please subscribe:

I will probably make one last post to this mailing list when we have
a 1.0 release ready; after that we will use the sanewall infrastructure
only.

There are two things needed to get a decent 1.0 release out in my opinion:
  - A manual
  - Packaging

I will try to get enough of a manual together to justify a release in
the next two or three weeks.

If anyone has any packaging skills your help would be appreciated.
In particular:
  - Try the packages I have built so far and let me know what's broken or
    needs changing (better yet, fix it and send a patch!):
        http://download.sanewall.org/releases/
    There is a bug tracker at:
        http://bugs.sanewall.org/

  - If you package for a distribution, please let me know if you would
    like to include sanewall and if you need anything from me to help out.

Regards
Phil