[Firehol-devs] New firehol development

Tsaousis, Costa costa at tsaousis.gr
Sun Sep 29 11:37:57 CEST 2013

Hi Phil,

Thank you for working on firehol. I already did a check on your code; is
perfect! I you create a patch, please note that my development brach has
fast activation (it may require from you some more tweaking).

Unfortunatelly in this side of the world, no one offers ipv6 yet, so I
don't use it. I'll be glad if you maintain ipv6 support.

I'll also be glad if you take care of releases, site/documentation and user
support. This is the main reason I stopped releasing firehol (although I
did commit code and updated docs in cvs). Every release required from me a
tremendous amount of time documenting it, supporting new users, fixing
distribution related issues, etc. I'll help, but I can't take care of it
entirelly by myself.

I beleive we should use github for code and support requests. I use github
daily for very large private projects and I am excited the way it
associates issues with commits and releases/milestones.

II would prefer and I'll be pleased if we keep the name firehol, but if the
name sanewall is a requirement from you, I'll accept it.

If you decide we keep the name firehol, I'll give you all rights on firehol
github repo and sourceforge project.

Do you believe we can join forces on such a basis?

Best Regards,

Costa