[Firehol-devs] New firehol development

Tsaousis, Costa costa at tsaousis.gr
Thu Sep 26 01:34:46 BST 2013

Hi all,

I know there has been some time since my last activity on this list.

Anyway, I have two major developments to announce:

1. A new firehol that activates the firewall instantly. This is a lot
faster and if it proves stable, I can make it even faster. Please test
it and report problems to github (open a new issue).

2. FireQOS a traffic shapper that utilizes IFB devices to shape both
incoming and outgoing traffic on any interface. I have added to it the
ability to calculate DSL overheads. This is "perfect shapping" in both
incoming and outgoing traffic.

I have moved development to github:

https://github.com/ktsaou/firehol/tree/development

To use fast activation, just add FIREHOL_FAST_ACTIVATION=1 at the top
of your firehol.conf

To use fireqos (no documentation yet), see the example:
https://github.com/ktsaou/firehol/blob/development/examples/fireqos.conf

Regards,

Costa