[Firehol-devs] IPv6 support

Andreas Unterkircher unki at netshadow.at
Fri Jan 10 15:02:14 CET 2014

Hi Phil,

> Further testing (and fixes if possible) with real-world configs is
> always appreciated.

I have started testing the IPv6 branch on some of our border routers
that usually outputs ~10.000 iptables rules.
It wasn't a big effort to make the existing ruleset v4/v6 compatible.

Maybe it should be documented somewhere that also a construction like
below is possible.
Because first a started to duplicate all the logic into router4 and
router6 statements :-)

router DMZ outface eth0
  ipv4 group with dst "10.0.0.138"
   ipv4 route all accept
  ipv4 group end

> The man pages are up to date for FireHOL but the website tutorials need
> to be updated to account for IPv6. See the bottom of the email for
> some tips. Ongoing work is in the 'test' branch here:
>   https://github.com/philwhineray/firehol-website/tree/test

Can I help you out somehow on this?
Is the website auto-generated from a source in the GIT repository?
I could compare it will the manpages and add missing parts.

Cheers,
Andreas