[Firehol-devs] Wiki manual pages now transcribed

Phil Whineray phil at sanewall.org
Fri Jan 31 08:38:38 CET 2014

Hi Costa

On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 12:08:09AM +0200, Tsaousis, Costa wrote:
> It seems you have done a lot of work there.
>
> How can I edit it further? What to check out? How can I test it?
> I hope I'll have a few hours this weekend to spend on this...

I added a doc/hints.txt and started to collect info on the tags used in
the manual and other helpful documentation bits. Everything should be
up to date in the ipv6 branch.

I hope I have reliably transformed the information from the wiki but
unlike when I did the firewall pages I did not have time to try out
each command or option as I came to it, so that would be a great,
if time-consuming cross-check.

One edit that might be needed is whether PPPoE with separate modem
is local or not. The manual currently states that it needs verification
whereas the tutorial just says local. If you are certain, then the
<note> can be removed from doc/fireqos-reference/params-class.xml

The manual is in 4 parts, with guide and reference for each of
FireHOL and FireQOS. I currently have a 'TODO' for the FireQOS guide.
This could do with at least a few paragraphs of text (or possibly just
removing?) I don't think it needs much because you did a good job
with the tutorial.

I have transcribed the text from the wiki tutorial into the website
locally and am working on having the examples format and link to
the FireQOS documentation pages automatically. That should be done soon,
at which point I'll push it to the test site.

The website itself in the test branch still needs some work. An advanced
FireHOL tutorial has been contributed by Andreas. With the addition of
a FireQOS tutorial as well I think they need splitting into multiple pages.
The home page and overview pages need attention.

Cheers
Phil