[Firehol-support] please help, huge amounts of UDP traffic need to be dropped

Costa Tsaousis costa at tsaousis.gr
Fri Jul 18 08:17:23 BST 2003

It will be the same. The traffic will come to your machine and then blocked.
To protect your link (and not just the machine), I suggest to talk to your
network administrator (or ISP).

The easiest way to do it (if you have a DSL, for example), is to change
your IPs. The more "ethical" way is to fill an abuse report for your
network administrator or ISP and ask them to block these IPs in a router
at their side, before entering the way towards you.

Most probably the machines that send you this traffic have some kind of
virus, so it would be good to let them know what is happening.

--
Costa Tsaousis