[Firehol-support] fireHOL on Debian

Costa Tsaousis costa at tsaousis.gr
Fri Mar 14 22:44:20 CET 2003

Hi Bernhard,

>>1. Where is debian expecting the iptables config file?
>>
> In /etc/init.d/iptables I can read that there is an autosave file in
> /var/lib/iptables/autosave . The directory /etc/sysconfig has not
> existed on my system.

Added FIREHOL_AUTOSAVE to control the location on the config file.
If empty (default) FireHOL detects RedHat and Debian.

>>2. panic gives a firewall that allows nothing.
>>
> Ok I have extended my iptables script with this red button feature ;)

FireHOL now blocks all traffic by itself without calling
/etc/init.d/iptables panic.

>>3. Which is the default squid port on your system?
>>
> Only the entry icpv2 (3130) of squid is in my services (on my
> workstation [Debian unstable] and on my server [debian woody]). I added
> the entry squid 3128 to my services and now everything works fine for
> me. On other systems (suse for example) the squid entry is in the
> services file.

FireHOL now has a numeric definition of squid.

Could you please download the latest CVS version and check it on your
systems?

Thank you again for reporting all these.