[Firehol-support] fireHOL on Debian and further improvement ideas

Costa Tsaousis costa at tsaousis.gr
Sat Mar 15 01:05:57 GMT 2003

Hi Bernhard,

This is the new 'panic':
When activating panic mode, FireHOL checks for the existance of the
SSH_CLIENT shell environment variable (set by SSH). If it finds this, then
panic mode will allow the established SSH connection specified in this
variable to operate. Notice that in order for this to work, you should
have su without the minus (-) sign, since su - overwrites the shell
variables and therefore the SSH_CLIENT variable is lost.

Alternativelly, after the panic argument you can specify an IP address in
which case all established (only the established) connections between this
IP address and the host in panic will be allowed.

For the socks, do you know the possible client ports or I should allow any
client port?

Costa