[Firehol-support] installing unstable package in woody

Costa Tsaousis costa at tsaousis.gr
Sat Oct 4 14:37:37 CEST 2003

Hi Paul,

I don't really know.
I use only RedHat 7.2, 8.0 and Gentoo myself...

In theory, you need just one file to run FireHOL: firehol.sh
This will do everything and no compilation is involved. If it cannot run
on your system because something is missing it will tell you that.

So, I suggest to just download http://firehol.sf.net/firehol.tar.gz (the
latest CVS version - it is stable currently) and copy firehol.sh somewhere
in your path. Then, just create a config in /etc/firehol/firehol.conf and
run:

firehol.sh start

If you want the firewall to start automatically during boot, you can
either run the above command from a startup script, or do:

/etc/init.d/iptables save

and make sure iptables starts during boot. It will restore the FireHOL
generated firewall.

I hope this will help...

--
Costa Tsaousis