[Firehol-support] Help trying to get postgres working

James Bean james at hdcs.com.au
Sun Apr 18 00:53:16 CEST 2004

I do apologise this is a second post of the same thing, I accidently had
HTML enabled on the email...

Hi, I am attempting to swap from gdbm to postgresql for holding data.

I configure and compile ipac 1.27 with

./configure --enable-classic=no --enable-default-access=postgre
--enable-default-storage=postgre

And followed all the instructions for creating the postgresql database
and users etc, everything went through and passed, including checking
the databases through webmin...

But when I start ipac-ng with fetchipac -S I get the following error

[root at redhat sysbackup]# fetchipac -S
Connection to database '(null)' failed.
FATAL:  Database "root" does not exist in the system catalog.
fetchipac: error while opening access database
cant operate while database access is absent

My ipac.conf is as follows

[root at redhat sysbackup]# cat /etc/ipac-ng/ipac.conf
# This is the main ipac-ng configuration file.  It contains the
# configuration directives that give the ipac-ng its instructions.

## mode of operations: operate only like old ipac or not
classic mode = no

## specify access agent. supported are: files, postg. files works with
classic mode only
access agent = postgre

## accouting agent. iptables and ipchains available now. (ipchains is
not supported in nonclassic mode)
account agent = iptables

## storage. gdbm, postgre and files supported. (files is not
recommended)
storage = postgre

## rules file for classic mode
rules file = /etc/ipac-ng/rules.conf

## login all users at startup (specific only for nonclassic mode) (only
those who has enough cash)
login at start = yes

## support for traffic passing to\from auth host (specific only for
nonclassic mode)
## name or ip of the auth host
## disable support if not specified,
##auth host = sibinet.com

# dont store lines contains only zeroes to speedup processing and to
save space
drop zero lines = yes

Any help would be very much appreciated...

James