[Firehol-support] New to forum -> Quick Q?s

Costa Tsaousis costa at tsaousis.gr
Sat Apr 24 12:11:06 CEST 2004

Euman,

Interface1 matches traffic from/to your LAN. Name it "lan"
Interface2 matches all other traffic (not from/to your LAN). Name it
"internet".

This way you can have separate rules depending on who is talking to you,
or to who you are talking.

If this is the active firewall of your machine, I don't see anything about
http or ident. Is it possible that your router does something about them?

Finally, FireHOL does not care about the type of interfaces. It seems that
sit0 is not properly congfigured and therefore is ingored.

Costa