[Firehol-support] Masking port number 113?

gregy 4gregy at cox.net
Mon Aug 9 23:40:39 BST 2004

Hi, I just got firehol-1.191 working with my installation of Gentoo Linux.
Had to run /sbin/iptables-save and add the connection tracking and NAT
kernel modules before it would start. Works like a charm except for
port 113 being visible, and I don't know if that's a problem or not --
it's just a desktop PC not a server.

How difficult would it be to mask port number 113 and what would that
require in firehol.conf? Currently all I have is "interface any world
client all accept".

This was an unimaginably simple setup of a Linux firewall. Just a breeze:)

Thanks.