[Firehol-support] Re: FIREHOL_LOG_LEVEL

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Sun Jul 25 00:34:30 BST 2004

On 25 Jul 2004, nkatzakis at cha.forthnet.gr wrote:
> Hello, I'm having trouble with firehol's logging. I install by debian
> apt-get , make the configuration file and start it, everything works
> fine apart from the logging on screen.
>
> How do I stop these log messages? The Doc files refer to a variable called
>
> FIREHOL_LOG_LEVEL
>
> but I can't seem to find this variable anywhere. If i need to set it
> which file should I include it in?
> /etc/firehol.conf ?

Yes. You need to add a line like this to /etc/firehol/firehol.conf[1]:

    FIREHOL_LOG_LEVEL=whatever

> i tried that but doesn't work. I also tried that with "--log-level 4" 3
> but nothing happened. The messages still kept appearing in console.

Try 'dmesg -n' to turn down the console display level, or the 'ulog'
support, to avoid the kernel message subsystem entirely.

         Daniel

Footnotes:
[1]  This is the location on Debian testing/unstable, for the system
     packages.
--
Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence.
        -- H. L. Mencken