[Firehol-support] howto configure high priority traffic (ssh)?

Bernhard J. M. Gruen bjmg at h0t.de
Thu May 20 10:33:58 BST 2004

Hi,

I would like to set up some rules to optimize the speed of a ssh
connection (to an ssh server NOT in my private network). I saw that
there exist some -t mangle rules but I don't know yet the "best" rules
for doing that. I know that this question has nearly nothing to do with
FireHOL but on this list are some really good firewall experts. Anyway
it would also be a nice enhancement to FireHOL if something like high
priority traffic (with mangle and TOS or in general QoS) would be
supported. This way a server can answer (for example) ssh connections
even if it is under high load during a for example DoS attack.

Bernhard Gruen, Germany