[Firehol-support] iptables compiled into kernel UML & VPS

Terry tech at futurecourse.com
Fri May 28 15:03:07 BST 2004

Hi,

I have two machines - one's running a UML kernel and the other is a
VPS. On both machines, iptables is compiled into the kernel. When I
start Firehol on either machine, I get the same error: lsmod:
QM_MODULES: Function not implemented.  That's as far as I can get.

For security reasons, there is no ability to independently configure
the kernel and/or load modules. Is there a work-around for this? I'm
definitely a newbie at linux, firewalls, etc., and I've searched all
around for answers, but I haven't been able to find this answer,
although it seems from all the web hosting forums out there that it is
a question a lot of people have.

--
Regards,
Terry