[Firehol-support] network inaccessible

hipa hipa at rediffmail.com
Tue Nov 2 17:39:42 CET 2004

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
Hi All,
I have a kind of bizzare problem on my hands. I have a private network 10.96.0.0/16 which uses the gateway 10.96.1.1 . The machine(A) 10.96.6.1 has got a seperate internet connection and has a public ip of 203.90.xxx.xxx.

I installed firehol on `A' where besides normal firewall rule, I do packet forwarding for an internal machine: 10.96.6.201. Afterwards I ran nmap scan on the public ip 203.90.xxx.xxx where the packets are routed via 10.96.1.1 . The bizzare thing is that while the nmap is going on(and even after its finishing for a while) the internal ip(10.96.6.1) or for that matter any other machine in the private LAN becomes inaccessible(from all the machines, even which are not running nmap). This problem is solved if I remove firehol.

For you consideration, my firehol.conf is attached below.

Any pointer as to how, will be highly helpful.

Best Regards,
praveen