[Firehol-support] RFC: alternative for bash's array variables ("hardware" routers with busybox)

c.gatzemeier at web.de c.gatzemeier at web.de
Wed Nov 17 19:44:47 CET 2004

Hi,

in the meantime I did find another idea to emulate bash's array variables in
the busybox list archieve.

Now I am wondering about the best approach to start patching FireHOL so that
it runs as good as it can on both BASH and ASH. example() contains I think
the most common way array variables are used in FireHOL.

If you look at the array_*() functions attatched, they shouldn't require
command substitution or recursive searches anymore. I don't know how to
escape spaces within fields when "trunking" yet, though (sed ...?). At this
point there is only a comment at the place where this would need to be done.

Kind Regards,
Christian