[Firehol-support] running FireHOL under busybox's ash-shell

Costa Tsaousis costa at tsaousis.gr
Mon Oct 4 19:58:57 CEST 2004

Hi,

FireHOL needs array variables. The parentheses define such array variables
in BASH. The problem is that ASH does not support them (at least to the
best of my knowledge - and its man page).

Without array variables, FireHOL should be re-written to use file based
arrays, which will not provide any of the performance advantages ASH
offers (against BASH).

Costa

PS: I am sorry for this...