[Firehol-support] running FireHOL under busybox's ash-shell

c.gatzemeier at web.de c.gatzemeier at web.de
Mon Oct 11 20:31:58 CEST 2004

Hi,

I experimented a little with workarounds for array variables and made a little
test script. I did not find out yet how to let a function return a string in
a variable specified during the call to avoid using slow shell expansion for
example.

And then, is what we need really only returning a string as
"hello world\ and\ friends"? From comparing the output of the test script it
seems the output is parsed a little differently.

Concerning printf it looks like busybox can be compiled to include that
too.  :)

Regards,
Christian