[Firehol-support] running FireHOL under busybox's ash-shell

Goetz Bock bock at blacknet.de
Mon Oct 4 23:10:50 BST 2004

On Mon, Oct 04 '04 at 20:58, Costa Tsaousis wrote:
> > [ ... run firehol with busybox ASH ... ]
>
> FireHOL needs array variables. ...
I doubt that is all what makes firewall not work with ASH. OTOH ASH is
not /bin/sh so maybe it's all.

> [ ... not ] performance advantages ASH offers (against BASH).
The advantages of ASH vs. BASH is not performance but size.

Unfortunately firehol does not support Mac OS X, but maybe I find time
to look into it again. Unfortunately I think that making firehol work
with ASH (or even /bin/sh) will mean a complete rewrite :-(

--
Goetz Bock       (c) 2004 as     blacknet.de - Munich - Germany   /"\
IT Consultant  Creative Commons  secure mobile Linux everNETting  \ /