[Firehol-support] Use of IPT_RECENT with firehol

Marcus Williams marcus at quintic.co.uk
Tue Aug 30 18:09:48 CEST 2005

Hi -

Has anyone a working set of iptables rules that will work in conjunction
with firehol to start dropping SSH connections if a host tries to
connect more than a certain number of times in a minute? Something like:

iptables -I INPUT -p tcp --dport 22 -i eth0 -m state --state NEW \
   -m recent --set

iptables -I INPUT -p tcp --dport 22 -i eth0 -m state --state NEW \
   -m recent --update --seconds 600 --hitcount 2 -j DROP

I cant seem to get this to work (I'm putting it at the bottom of my
firehol script, and my firehol script allows ssh connections currently).

Thanks

Marcus

--
Marcus Williams -- http://www.cad-schroer.co.uk
CAD Schroer UK, 39 Newnham Road, Cambridge, UK