[Firehol-support] Re: 96.0.0.0/3 as unroutable

Thomas Arendsen Hein thomas at intevation.de
Wed Dec 7 07:49:54 GMT 2005

* Rick Marshall <rjm at zenucom.com> [20051207 06:48]:
> Martin Kong wrote:
> >I have started seeing a local ISP using IPs like 125.215.142.0/24.  This
> >unfortuantely falls into one of the unroutable IPs 96.0.0.0/3.  I have
> >changed it to 96.0.0.0/4 in order avoid blocking the IPs.
> >
> >I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced similar problem?  Is there a
> >upto date unroutable IP list out there?
>
> http://www.iana.org/faqs/abuse-faq.htm

Nice FAQ, but the important link in it is somewhat hidden:
http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv4-address-space

This page lists 125/8 as being assigned to APNIC in January 2005, so
it is no longer reserved.

You can either use get-iana.sh to create a new version of the
RESERVED_IPS variable, or use the entry of firehol >= 1.234 from CVS.
Just add it at the top of your filehol.conf

Thomas

Email: thomas at intevation.de
http://intevation.de/~thomas/