[Firehol-support] Re: cable tv internet

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Mon Dec 26 00:18:17 GMT 2005

Grigory Fateyev <greg at anastasia.ru> writes:

G'day Grigory.  I had hoped that someone which more knowledge would
suggest why things may be bad, but my few suggestions that hopefully
will help:

> I have cable tv network the so cald "home net". Wyhen i start firehol
> ping have been lost. Why?

Have you looked in the logs?  Firehol, by default, writes log messages
about blocked packets into the kernel message log, so they should show
up in something like /var/log/syslog or /var/log/messages.

That should tell you which rule is blocking your packets or, at least,
give some hints about it.  Post the log fragments here if you can't work
it out yourself.

[...]

> blacklist this ""

If you are not actually blacklisting anything, you probably shouldn't
have this statement.  You may be accidentally blacklisting everything
here, which isn't what you want. :)

Regards
        Daniel