[Firehol-support] DNAT, routing, interfaces

Daniel L. Miller dmiller at amfes.com
Mon Feb 14 15:23:37 CET 2005

Neat. I see how to define multiple ports for one protocol -

dnat to "${BASTION_IP}" inface "${AMFESEXT_IF}" dst "${AMFESEXT_IP}"
proto tcp dport "80 90 100" log "forwarding something"

How can I write a DNAT line that has both TCP and UDP?

Costa Tsaousis wrote:

>Almost all "optional rule paramaters" (i.e. src, dst, proto, sport, dport,
>etc) accept multiple values, if you seperate them with spaces and enclose
>the whole list in quotes.
>
>Costa
>

>>Thanx - I'm starting to understand.  Can I pass multiple port
>>ranges/types to the NAT helpers, or do I need to have multiple lines?
>>
>>Costa Tsaousis wrote:
>>

>>>Hi Daniel,
>>>
>>>DNAT and router are needed.
>>>
>>>DNAT is only "re-writing" the packets. It does not allow or deny
>>>anything.
>>>It just manipulates traffic.
>>>
>>>Router is only about traffic passing through the firewall host. So if you
>>>DNAT a packet that was originaly targeting the firewall host, it will now
>>>just pass-through the firewall host.
>>>
>>>Interface is only about traffic REALLY targeting to or originating from
>>>the firewall host itself.
>>>
>>>At the packet filtering level, iptables matches what will REALLY happen
>>>(after all DNAT and before any SNAT manipulation).
>>>
>>>Costa

>>--
>>Daniel

AMFES <http://www.amfes.com/>

Get Firefox! <http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&id=39399&t=61>
Get Thunderbird <http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/> Linux!
<http://www.linux.org/>

Daniel Miller, VP – Engineering
AM Fire & Electronic Services, Inc. (AMFES)
4655 Quality Court, Suite E Las Vegas, NV 89103
www.amfes.com
<http://www.amfes.com/>(702) 312-5276
(702) 312-5279 fax
dmiller at amfes.com <mailto:dmiller at amfes.com>

Cost-effective, code-compliant, value-engineered solutions for fire
alarm, security, and tele/data.

Mircom
<http://www.amfes.com/Products/product-mircom.htm>

Paradox <http://www.amfes.com/Products/product-paradox.htm> Molex