[Firehol-support] ftp passiveports

Costa Tsaousis costa at tsaousis.gr
Fri Feb 4 19:41:19 GMT 2005

Hi,

FireHOL automatically selects (for passive FTP):

1. DEFAULT_CLIENT_PORTS (by default set to 1024:65535) if the ports used
refer to a remote host.

2. LOCAL_CLIENT_PORTS (probed by kernel config, most linux kernels set
this to 32768:65000) if the ports used refer to a local host.

In all cases, FireHOL allows passive FTP as with state RELATED, meaning
that the iptables connection tracker has successfully intercepted a
passive ftp connection.

As of v1.226, you cannot change this behaviour. You can of course overload
the service definition. Check the manual for this.

Costa