[Firehol-support] Logging to terminal and squid

Frederik Dannemare frederik at dannemare.net
Wed Jan 5 17:16:37 CET 2005

On Wednesday 05 January 2005 15:03, cnavarro at ssi.co.cr wrote:
> Hi everybody. I just installed and try fireHOL. I think is great, a
> very easy to understand language.
>
> Well, my problem is that firehol is sending output to the terminal
> and I don't want this because it doesn't matter what I'm doing, it
> sends the output every time a host connects or try to. So, is there
> any way to disable this by redirecting the output to a file or
> daemon?
[ snip ]

http://firehol.sourceforge.net/commands.html?#log should answer that
question, I believe.

> Another question, can I use firehol to redirect mail from internet to
> my LAN, smtp and pop3?
[ snip ]

If you mean that you simply want your firehol gateway to forward/route
this kind of traffic to an internal mail server on your LAN, then yes.

You'll find all the information you need on the firehol web site. The
documentation is good.

Best regards,
Frederik Dannemare | mailto:frederik at dannemare.net
http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=Frederik+Dannemare