[Firehol-support] Redirecting ports to other computers

Francis Brosnan Blazquez francis at aspl.es
Thu Jan 27 13:50:04 GMT 2005

Hi,

First of all, I must to congratulate for this powerful and easy to use
software, that is, firehol.

Anyway, I have found (or it seems to me) that firehol doesn't support to
redirect ports to an outside direction, I mean, if you want to redirect
incoming connections to the firewall and nat them to other machine but
also rewriting the destination port.

A concrete scenario is follows: a have two boxes behind a firewall
(running firehol ;-) and I need to allow incoming connections to, for
example, port 2222 and enroute this connection to port 22.

Finally, what I have done, is to use redir software, configuring it to
accept incoming connection to tcp port 2222 and enroute them to tcp port
22 inside the local network.

Is there any way to support this by using only firehol or using redir is
a acceptable solution?.

Cheers
--
Francis Brosnan Blazquez <francis at aspl.es>