[Firehol-support] Re: Multilink / PPP bonding with Firehol ?

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Sat Jul 2 09:09:10 CEST 2005

On 2 Jul 2005, Harry Sufehmi wrote:
> I'm planning to install multiple dial-up connection in my server.
> At the moment, we have wireless connection on the server, set up as ppp0
> interface. Below is the current firehol.conf in that server:

[...]

> Question:
> Is there any way to enable our users to access the Internet via both
> interfaces (ppp0 & ppp1), using firehol ?

No, and firehol isn't really the right place for it.  It is all about
the firewall, and what you want is routing, basically.

> I've been looking at firehol's docs, googling around, but couldn't find any
> mention about this kind of scenario.

http://lartc.org/ will tell you all about it.

However, a quick summary: unless your upstream provider supports PPP
multilink, there really isn't much point in getting multiple links to
improve *inbound* performance.  It can improve outbound performance,
however.

Regards,
        Daniel
--
It's good to hear you're doing so well
But really can't you find somebody else that you can ring and tell?