[Firehol-support] Re: ipt_recent support?

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Mon Mar 14 06:46:49 CET 2005

On 14 Mar 2005, Chris AtLee wrote:
> I just saw a blog post talking about the ipt_recent module:
> http://blog.andrew.net.au/2005/02/17#ipt_recent_and_ssh_attacks
>
> Would it make sense to add support for this to firehol?

I have been intending to implement this for a few days now, since I
needed to deploy something to limit service-denying attacks against
client machines of mine, and ipt_recent was suitable.

I would be interested to know what, if any, thoughts others have on a
way to express the use of ipt_recent matches in firehol.

I am currently working out my preferred syntax, and intend to post
something in the near future -- if not beaten to it.

          Daniel

--
Open-mindedness is a quality which will always exist where desire
for knowledge is genuine. It only fails where other desires have