[Firehol-support] ftp under firehol

Costa Tsaousis costa at tsaousis.gr
Thu May 12 21:49:40 CEST 2005

Hi,

it seems there is a bug somewhere in ip_conntrack_ftp, the kernel module,
in kernel 2.6.11 and possibly other versions, that malforms ACTIVE ftp
communication.

In the iptables mailing list there are a few patches for fixing ACTIVE ftp
issues in kernel 2.6.12.

I suggest to use PASSIVE ftp in the meantime. I verified that passive ftp
is working correctly. Another solution would be to use a kernel version
that is not affected by this issue.

To enable PASSIVE mode, consult the manual of your ftp client.

Regards,

Costa