[Firehol-support] Too many log messages

Rick Marshall rjm at zenucom.com
Fri Nov 11 23:18:34 GMT 2005

slightly off topic, but does this mean one could use the microsoft
personal firewall on a pc to block these licence probes and thus defeat
their somewhat simplistic anti-piracy scheme? i presume it would be even
easier on a mac.

we all suffer similar overload from windows pc's connecting directly to
the internet on the same c class subnet as our servers and then suffer a
constant bombardment of windows network probes (port 445 etc). this
microsoft stuff is very noisy.

rick