[Firehol-support] fail2ban

Rick Marshall rjm at zenucom.com
Sun Oct 30 02:25:13 GMT 2005

i don't know this package specifically, but a quick look at the site
indicates that it should work independently of firehol.

ie firehol sets up the initial firewall rules and then a product like
fail2ban monitors logs and temporarily disables access from ip's that
show agressive deviant behaviour.

note that just because you get attacked from an ip doesn't mean you want
a permanent ban. there may be other users behind a firewall at that
address or indeed the attackers could be spoofing the source ip to
create a dos attack on your machine.

rick