[Firehol-support] Linksys Printserver Configuration

Tim Whitehouse whitehousetim at rgv.rr.com
Tue Sep 27 15:42:54 BST 2005

I'm trying to print from a Linux host with Firehol to a Linksys print
server (model ??) which has a static IP on the local network. A host
that is printing and the print server communicate on two different
ports, 515 and one that changes for each communication session. It works
when I set "policy accept" but I don't want to leave it that way.  It
seems that the easiest way would be to allow all communication for the
print server IP.

I've tried with no luck to have a separate eth0 interface with the
following definition:

interface eth0 internet
        policy reject
        protection strong
        server "ssh http icmp postgres netbios_dgm netbios_ns
netbios_ssn cups ping sam
ba https lpd" accept
        server ident reject with tcp-reset
        client all accept

interface eth0 prtsrvr src "192.168.1.107/32"
        server all accept
        client all accept
       policy reject

192.168.1.107 is the print server's IP.