[Firehol-support] First install of Firehol

Daniel L. Miller dmiller at amfes.com
Tue Aug 8 05:56:47 CEST 2006

Happy to help.  Try to keep your replies on-list so everyone can share.

I'm still trying to understand your setup.  Based on your diagram, it
seems Server A is connected directly to the Internet (via a hub) - there
is no firewall, gateway, or router.  Server B appears to be a gateway.
If that is the case, then the script I provided would actually be more
appropriate for Server B.  However - you said the problem is with Server A.

If there is no firewall of any kind running on Server A - does it work
correctly?  My current understanding is you have an Internet connection
shared between two machines via a hub.  One machine, without a firewall,
is currently reachable via the Internet (Server B).  The other machine
is not - you need to confirm if Server A works properly without a firewall.

You say you used netcraft/dnsstuff.com - does that mean they can ping
Server A currently?

What do you mean by "public proxy"?

I think you need to explain a bit further exactly what you are trying to
accomplish.

--
Daniel