[Firehol-support] firehol cooperation with moblock?

Przemek Swiderski spam-firehol at dom.vizavi.pl
Tue May 2 19:28:39 BST 2006

Hello,

I use firehol and moblock (P2P peer blocker http://moblock.berlios.de/)
Moblock require to set rule like:

iptables -A OUTPUT -p tcp -m state --state NEW -j NFQUEUE
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp -m state --state NEW -j NFQUEUE

I want to integrate moblock with firehol. Is there a simple method to do
this?

If not I imagine that it could be done in that way:

interface eth0 lan0
	server torrent accept target MOBLOCK
	                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
											or similiar to "reject with tcp-reset"
												with target TABLENAME
											or
												with accept_rule TABLENAE

	this firehol rule should create iptables rules:

iptables -A in_lan0_torrent_s2 -p tcp -m tcp --sport 1024:65535 --dport 6881 -m state --state NEW,ESTABLISHED -j MOBLOK

only difference to standard commant is -j MOBLOCK instead of -j ACCEPT

Now we can and create table MOBLOCK (outside firehol or by using iptables
		statement in firehol.conf):

iptables -N MOBLOK
iptables -A MOBLOK -m state --state ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
iptables -A MOBLOK -m state --state NEW -j QUEUE

Is it difficult to implement?

Regards,
Przemek