[Firehol-support] Improving FireHOL

Vincent Danjean vdanjean.ml at free.fr
Sun Feb 25 15:34:11 GMT 2007

  Hi,

  I started to use FireHOL a few days ago as I wanted I flexible but easy
and powerful firewall. And I find it really nice.
  As I use vlan (802.1Q), I had to modify firehol-wizard so that they work.
(see Debian bug #411662 [1] that has the little patch)

  Now, they are several things I want to add to firehol. Thanks to the
opensource, I can hack firehol to add these features for me. But I would be
very glad if theses features interest you too and if they are added upstream.
  So, here is my thinkings. I will explain what I want (and why) and when how
I think I will implement them. I would be very pleased if you tell me what
features you are interested in too (ie if I can hope they will be added
upstream when I write them) and if you have comments about what I plan to do.

New features I want to add: