[Firehol-support] Routing to an IPP Printer doesn't work

M O mofog at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 17 12:34:12 CEST 2007

Hello everybody!

I configured Firehol to protect my server and my three internal networks and
it works just great. The next step would be to allow some computers from
network A to access the network printer on network B. So I added this rule

router ComputerA2IPPPrinterB src 192.168.0.10 dst 192.168.1.50
    route      all     accept

Afterwards, I can access the printer's webinterface using any browser, but
the actual printjob doesn't get through. There are no hints in the logfiles.
I checked the the output of "iptables --list" using webmin (provides a nicer
representation) and found two accordig rules:

Accept	If source is 192.168.1.50 and destination is 192.168.0.10
Accept	If source is 192.168.0.10 and destination is 192.168.1.50

It does not work, though.

My MacBook puts this in its logfiles while processing a printjob:

E [17/Jun/2007:12:30:49 +0200] [Job 16] Unable to get printer status
(client-error-bad-request)!

Thank you for any suggestions in advance!

Have a nice day

Morin Ostkamp

Die neue MSN Suche Toolbar mit Windows-Desktopsuche. Suchen Sie gleichzeitig
im Web, Ihren E-Mails und auf Ihrem PC! Jetzt neu! http://desktop.msn.de/
Jetzt gratis downloaden!