[Firehol-support] All or nothing?

Daniel L. Miller dmiller at amfes.com
Wed Jun 27 02:07:22 BST 2007

I'm taking advantage of firehol to simplify things on an internal
machine - that previously I did not consider needed security.  Since
firehol by default blocks everything not opened, my current config opens
everything back up, plus the simple DNAT.

transparent_squid 8080 "root proxy" src 192.168.0.0/24 dst not
192.168.0.0/24 inface "eth2 br1"
interface any ALLNICS
        policy accept
router ALLROUTES
        policy accept

I've added a VPN interface to this machine, and I want to limit the
rights of that interface.  My question is can I do this by simply adding
interface/router stanzas - probably before the "any and all" stanzas?
Or do I now need to individually define every interface?  I'm currently
thinking of something like:

transparent_squid 8080 "root proxy" src 192.168.0.0/24 dst not
192.168.0.0/24 inface "eth2 br1"
interface tun0
        client all accept
interface any ALLNICS