[Firehol-support] MAC filtering

Ryan Krauss ryanlists at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 02:43:58 BST 2007

I want to use ssh with unison between my laptop and my office
computer.  Both have DHCP IP's.  The laptop is connecting through the
campus wide wireless network.  I would like to open ssh only to my
laptop.  Can I do this based on the MAC address of my laptop, since
its IP will change frequently?  If this is possible, can someone give
me a simple example please.  Basically, I want a rule that my desktop
would only accept ssh from the MAC address of my laptop.

Thanks,

Ryan