[Firehol-support] VOIP with SIP/RTP and firehol stateful firewall

Wesley J. Landaker wjl at icecavern.net
Tue Feb 19 01:31:52 CET 2008

On Monday 18 February 2008 12:08:21 Redeeman wrote:
> I have been told from a person i know, that voip with sip/rtp wont work
> properly with a stateful firewall on the router.
>
> Anyone that has some information about this? or perhaps can explain to
> me a solution? i may soon be in the situation where i have to mess with
> this. Will i be unable to use firehol?

I am using VoIP behind a firehol firewall and have never had any trouble.

Obviously the firewall has to be configured correctly, and there are some
considerations with SIP and RTP behind NAT, etc, but there is nothing in
particular that makes it really hard.

--
Wesley J. Landaker <wjl at icecavern.net> <xmpp:wjl at icecavern.net>