[Firehol-support] Problem with IMAP sessions

Brent Wong brentw at attentionplus.com
Fri Feb 29 20:40:31 GMT 2008

I have a machine that is setup to act as a router between three different subnets and am having problems with IMAP sessions (as well as RDP sessions) between two of the subnets.  I believe the problem lies in the router machine but am not 100% certain.  Anyway the configuration is as follows:

subnet 1->subnet 2 has route all accept
subnet 2->subnet 1 has protection strong and route "imap imaps" accept.

The computers trying to access the imap servers on subnet 2 are on subnet 1.
And the default route is through subnet 2.

I was wondering if anybody had similar problems or ideas to fix this.

Thanks,
Brent