[Firehol-support] l momen

Bradtke dunnock at newballs.nl
Mon Aug 31 13:54:58 CEST 2009

 more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury: for all they
did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want did cast in all that
she had, even all her living.'" In the world's estimation nothing could
be more improvident or more improper than her conduct; and I fear that
few of us would have the heart to commend one who should go and do
likewise. But how does our Blessed Lord judge, who judges not according
to appearance, but righteous judgment? Observing that she ants quite
according to his precept of giving up all, He does not call his
disciples round him, to warn them, by her example, not to take his words
literally, as he did Peter on the use of the sword; but, on the
contrary, points out carefully the peculiarity and unequalled greatness
of her sacrifice, and holds her up to admiration on account of it. The
rich cast in of their abundance, much; she, of her penury, cast in a
little; but it was all that she had, even all her living. We have now
only to go one step farther in order to ascertain in what sense the
Apostles understood that command of our Saviour now under consideration.
The conduct of them and their adherents is thus recorded by St. Luke
(Acts 2.44, etc., and 4.32, 34 and 35.) "All that believed were together
and had all things common: and sold their possessions and goods, and
parted them to all men, as every man had need. And they, continuing
daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to
house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart. The
multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul:
neither said