[Firehol-support] FireHOL, OpenVPN bridge and routing

Tsolakos Stavros stsolakos at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 20:39:04 GMT 2009

Hi all.

I have set up an Ubuntu 8.10 linux server that, among others, functions
as a router between 2 subnets, each with each own DSL connection to the
Internet, and an OpenVPN server. I attach the setup in ASCII art. I
can't paste it because it gets malformed.

My firehol.conf is pretty simple. I attach it, in case it gets
malformed, too. I define some rules that enable routing between the two
subnets: 192.168.0.0/24 and 192.168.200.0/24.

When firehol is enabled, routing works perfectly and I can normally
access machines from both networks. However, VPN connected clients can
access no machines from either network.

When firehol is disabled, there is no routing between the 2 networks,
however VPN connected clients can access all machines on the bridged
192.168.200.0/24 network. I don't know and don't care if they have
access to the other.

My question is simple. How can I make VPN connected clients connect to
machines of the 192.168.200.0/24 network, without breaking routing?
What's wrong with my firehol.conf?

What other information do I need to post? syslog appears to be empty,
despite the fact that I have turned firehol on.

Thank you very much.

Regards,
Stavros