[Firehol-support] Routing between virtual interfaces

Carlos Rodrigues cefrodrigues at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 23:29:34 GMT 2009

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 11:22 PM, Carlos Rodrigues
<cefrodrigues at gmail.com> wrote:
> If you cannot go the VLAN way, the only way to deal with this is just
> do your configuration using just "eth0". You can have a route where
> the in and out interfaces are the same, and you can control the flow
> of traffic between subnets using "src" and "dst" with the "route"
> commands.

BTW, I don't know if you can have multiple "router" blocks with the
same in/out interfaces (can't test it now), but if you do, you could
simulate multiple interfaces with, for instance:

router foo inface eth0 outface eth0 src "a.a.a.a/24" dst "b.b.b.b/24"

router bar inface eth0 outface eth0 src "b.b.b.b/24" dst "a.a.a.a/24"

router baz inface eth0 outface eth0 src "a.a.a.a/24" dst "c.c.c.c/24"

router baz inface eth0 outface eth0 src "c.c.c.c/24" dst "a.a.a.a/24"

And so on.
--
Carlos Rodrigues