[Firehol-support] IPv6 support

Phil Whineray phil.whineray at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 12:32:50 GMT 2011

Hi

This list has the occasional question about ipv6 support for firehol, which
is not in the official tree.

I created a few patches a while back which got it working well enough for my
purposes. To try to make life a bit easier, so people don't have to apply the
patches themselves, I've created a git reposiory with the changes applied.

You can grab it from:
  git://repo.or.cz/fireholvi.git
or
  http://repo.or.cz/r/fireholvi.git.

The starting point is the CVS verision of firehol, last commit was from
Thu Apr 8 22:27:18; I can't update past that currently since Sourceforge
CVS access is currently disabled.

There is a README.ipv6 included which should be enough to get you started.
The big caveat emptor is that to fully achieve the same ease of use to
security balance icmpv6 needs work. Specifically a good hard look at:
   http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4890
is highly recommended.

Regards
Phil